Parish and Town Councils are part of local government in Nottinghamshire together with Nottinghamshire County Council and the Rushcliffe Borough District Council.
The County Council is responsible for strategic services such as highways, education, libraries, social services, strategic planning and refuse disposal.
District Councils are responsible for local services including housing, local planning, environmental health and refuse collection.
Parish and town councils are the grass roots of local government and they make a valuable contribution to the community. They provide the opportunity to:
- support individual constituents;
- win resources for their parish;
- campaign on local issues;
- involve residents in decision-making;
- listen to the needs of local people and take their views into account when considering policy proposals.
For information about Plumtree Parish Council, click on the appropriate link:
- Plumtree Parish Councillors
- Council Meetings
- Agendas and Minutes of Council Meetings
- A Guide to Your Parish Council
- Parish Council Newsletter
- Planning Applications
- Local Crime
- Council Policies
- Council Finance
You can contact a Parish Councillor using an email link on the Plumtree Parish Councillors page.
Where else can I go for help?
|Rushcliffe Borough Council - 0115 981 9911
|Nottinghamshire County Council - 0300 500 80 80
Plumtree Parish Council takes no responsibility for the content or availability of external links.