Cog Icon signifying link to Admin page

Plumtree Parish Council

Overview

Plumtree is a small village with a population of around 200, located 5 miles (8 km) south-east of Nottingham, just off the A606 between Tollerton and Keyworth. It is bordered by several other villages, namely, Edwalton, Tollerton, Normanton-on-the-WoldsStanton-on-the-Wolds, Keyworth, Bradmore and Ruddington. Other nearby villages include the three "Ws": Widmerpool, Willoughby-on-the-Wolds and Wysall.

The village population has remained fairly constant during its transition from an agricultural village to a residential one. It features a thriving church dedicated to St Mary; a popular village hall; a pub called The Griffin; a premier league cricket team; and the award-winning Perkins Bar & Bistro and Carriage Hall.

The administrative parish of Plumtree covers Plumtree village and its surrounding farms and houses. The ecclesiastical parish of Plumtree covers Plumtree, Normanton-on-the-Wolds, Clipston-on-the-Wolds, Plumtree Park and north Keyworth.

The Duke of Edinburgh

1921 - 2021

^